This recipe is super satisfying as it is fresh and light, yet contains pumpkin which keeps you satisfied for hours.
Author- Caralee Fontenele
- ½ Kent pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon rosemary
- ½ cup quinoa
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 2 spring onions
- ¼ cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Juice of half a lemon
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Seeds of half a pomegranate
- 2 tablespoons goat’s cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Cut pumpkin into slices, leaving the skin on, and place on a lined baking tray.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with cumin, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Spread out in a single layer and roast for 25 minutes or until cooked through.
- Cooking time will vary depending on the size of your pumpkin chunks.
- When it is cooked, remove and set aside. Wash the quinoa and place in a small saucepan with ¾ cup of water.
- Cover and bring to the boil.
- Once it is boiling, turn the heat to as low as possible and allow to cook for 10 minutes. When it is cooked, fluff with a fork and put into a large bowl.
- Set aside and allow to cool slightly.
- Finely chop the spring onion and toast the slivered almonds by tossing in a non-stick pan over low heat for a few minutes.
- Add to the quinoa along with the olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Finally, garnish with pomegranate seeds and goat’s cheese.